Saturday, February 23, 2013

Heavy in your arms

I took advantage of this rainy Saturday evening to engage in a magical three-way with my couch, t.v, and Papa John's. With Pandora quietly playing in the background, a song by Florence and the Machine came on. It caught my attention and I immediately YouTubed it. The song is basically homage to Virginia Woolf's suicide and the lyrics say it all: 

I was a heavy heart to carry
My beloved was weighed down
My arms around his neck 
My fingers laced to crown

I was a heavy heart to carry
My feet dragged across the ground
And he took me to the river
Where he slowly let me drown

The lyrics also made me think of Virginia Woolf's suicide note to Leonard. In it she writes:

"I know that I am spoiling your life, that without me you could work. And you will I know." 

Anyways, the video is super eerie but I hope you guys enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment