Friday, April 12, 2013

Mirrors

All semester, I feel like I've been living my everyday life through a Woolfian lens, thinking--whether consciously or not--"oooh, how does this relate to what we talked about in class?"about most things I've encountered.  When The National released a single from their album yesterday, I looked at the album art, and was immediately struck by what an unsettling image it is.  I realized that the thing that unnerved me the most was the fact that the woman isn't looking at her own image in the mirror, but rather using the mirror to look back--it would seem--at the person looking at her instead.  And it reminded me a lot of Woolf's description of never wanting to look at her own image in a mirror.

http://stereogum.com/1318302/the-national-dont-swallow-the-cap/mp3/

No comments:

Post a Comment